Code of Conduct
These rules are terms of membership of this group. The rules are as follows:
PROHIBITED ITEMS -
- Weapons and weapon accessories. This includes, but is not limited to: all guns, tasers, pepper spray or any type of explosive. If you have questions about whether or not your item falls into the category of restricted items, please contact an Admin for guidance.
- Any expired item.
- Food and Drinks which includes diet pills of any kind (exception, unopened & not expired baby food & formula)
In addition, click here for items prohibited specifically by VS: http://help.varagesale.com/article/371-what-items-are-not-allowed
- VarageSale accounts must be activated with Facebook accounts. Facebook accounts cannot be deleted while VarageSale accounts are in use.
- Rude/Bullying and inappropriate comments will NOT be tolerated. No exceptions. These types of comments will be removed by Admins and posters are also subject to removal.
- If you have a problem with a buyer or seller please try to work out the issue among yourselves via private messages. If you cannot work out the problem, remember there is a “block” option for members of the group if you do not wish to buy/sell with a person again. You cannot block Admins.
Do not address the situation via the feed! This falls under conduct rule 1 and will get you banned from the group with no exception!!
- No "commentary/opinion" discussions. No For Sale or ISO discussions. Discussions are used for community information only.
- Blocking or attempting to block an Admin on VarageSale or Facebook will result in removal from the group.
- Negative Praise it not acceptable. If you had a negative experience with a buyer or seller, please PM an admin.
- Do not advertise through other buy/sell/trade groups in this group. This includes but is not limited to Facebook groups and Craigslist.
BUYING/SELLING GUIDELINES -
- FOR YOUR SAFETY: Work out the details of the transaction in a private message. Do not post personal information on the feed/comments.
- FOLLOW THROUGH: If you are unable to make meet up times or need to change locations, etc. COMMUNICATE this with the other party. NO-SHOWS ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL FROM THE GROUP! If you have been subject to a no-show, please PM an Admin.
- BUYER BEWARE: Look at the item(s) closely before completing the transaction. Buyer is to ensure the item(s) being purchased meet or exceed their expectations. If they don't, don't buy it! It's YOUR responsibility to check over an item before you take it/pay for it. Admins will not get involved with these transactions.
- FULL DISCLOSURE: Please be 100% honest about your item, its function, quality, and condition. Clarify if you have your item cross posted on another selling site. If you are selling your items within a timeline, make that clear. State any and all stipulations in the ‘description’ of your item.
- PAYMENTS: Be clear on price, make sure the buyer knows exactly how much to bring to the transaction. Admin will NOT police these situations.
- UPDATE AND MAINTAIN THE STATUS OF YOUR ITEMS: (available/pending/sold).
- PORCH PICKUPS: Buyers must pick up only the items that they have agreed to pay for. It is their responsibility to look inside bags, boxes, etc. Taking what they have not agreed to pay for with the seller is STEALING. Buyers pay attention to this as sellers often have multiple porch pick ups per day. Stealing is not allowed in this group. Sellers, please message an admin if this happens to you.
-COMMUNITY HAPPENINGS CATEGORY (events in Kent & Auburn Community only)
Please post in the COMMUNITY HAPPENINGS section:
*Garage Sales in Kent, Auburn, Pacific or Algona Only
*Local Charities - Please be descriptive and honest!
*Local Children's Events
*Reminder - Randomly PMing members about these events is not allowed in this VarageSale community. It is the same thing as cold calling at home.
- Links to other buy/sell websites are not allowed.
-All sales proceed in order of comments
- COMMENT that you are INTERESTED.
- Buyer PM the seller to make arrangements and work out details. DO NOT make meeting arrangements on the wall. All sales must be completed in PM.
- QUESTIONS on the item DO NOT hold your place in line unless you follow the guidelines above.
- If you decide you're no longer interested: COMMENT “PASS” on the item so others can have their chance in a timely manner.
- Sellers can move through the list of interested buyers at their own judgment. (hint* If you move too fast or too slow, you may lose sales.) In this community, the seller owns their item until the buyer buys the item.
- Physical meet ups and PPU must be between the two actual members. One may NOT surprise the other member and send someone on their behalf. This is a safety issue. If this has happened to you, please report this to an admin, Brittany Schulte or Tanya Rawat.
Images and Uploads
- No cross-posting in multiple categories. Pick ONE category and post your item only once.
- Images with multiple items must be sold as a lot. If each item is for sale individually, give it its own photo.
-If you are from somewhere outside of Auburn or Kent, please be prepared to come to Auburn or Kent for all transactions.
-Members that are reported to not accommodate this (“Will only meet in Federal Way/Maple Valley/Etc.”) Can expect to be removed from the group.
*Members, if you have any questions or issues, please PM an Admin.
INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTORS/SMALL BUSINESSES/SERVICE OFFERED
-Independent distributors/consultants, Party sales and Pyramid sales. For Example: Mary Kay, Scentsy, ItWorks and etc.) You are welcome to post ONE ad in the “small business directory” within the categories, this is the ONLY place these listing will be accepted.
ADMINS hold no responsibility for items bought/sold as a result of this group. We are not responsible for ANY product bought or sold as a result of this group. Any injury or damages caused from items purchased are not the responsibility of the administrators or the group itself. Use this group at your own discretion.