Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
By joining our group, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE to read and follow the Group Rules and Admin Tips to ensure that the group runs smoothly.
- It is the seller’s job to list and describe their items accurately and honestly. It is the buyer’s job to ask questions and inspect the item before purchasing.
- At all times be courteous and respectful to all members. No profanity, this is a family oriented group and foul mouths are not welcome. No negative posts regarding another member will be tolerated. If you have issues with another member, please contact an admin.
- All items must be legal to sell in the state of Texas.
- No consumable products at all. This includes but is not limited to: cakes, tamales, formula, eggs, pet food, free food items, vitamins and diet supplements etc. You can NOT sell alcohol, liquor, cigarettes, "E" cigarettes, hookahs, vape, mods, tobacco, tobacco related products, prescriptions, non-prescriptions, etc.
- You cannot sell guns or ammunition on the VS BBBS of Brazoria County group. This includes BB guns, airsoft and paintball guns.
- BUSINESSES AND DIRECT SALES: You may use the Small Business Directory to promote your business. A business is: If you have to be a rep to sell it. Ie; Scentsy, Avon, Mary Kay, etc., if you are buying it wholesale for the purpose of reselling it. Ie; Harwin, Sam Moon, etc. If you take orders for it, and state “can order” or any size or color, etc. You are allowed ONE (1) picture per business. NO outside links in the description. You can say ‘find us on Facebook’, but no link. Businesses may NOT list any items in the regular categories. You cannot BUMP the business flyer. Solicitation for business by messaging random members is prohibited. COUPON ITEMS (couponers) ARE OK
- HANDMADE ITEMS: Due to the categories being clogged please keep handmade items that can be designed differently in one single collage ex: one picture for shoe designs, crosses, signs, etc. If you can make the exact same thing in different colors then please state so instead of posting 20 different pictures of the same item in different colors.
- Before posting ANY baby gear, be sure that it is in good working condition, has NO recalls and that it is legal to be sold. For more information please visit www.cpsc.gov
- NO IMITATIONS of any kind. This includes but is not limited to handbags, sunglasses, scarves, hats, wallets, etc. (for example, no fake Coach purses)
- Do not post your item more than once. Only 1 post per item, one category per item. If you have more than one view you want to show you can post 4 additional pics in a post. If a potential buyer asks for more pictures of an item you may post pictures within the thread - NOT in the category.
- CRIMINAL ACTIVITY: If we discover that you are selling stolen items, you will be removed and reported to the local police.
- LIST A PRICE: We do not allow bidding in the group so before you post your item make sure it has a reasonable price. Although there is a ‘make an offer’ option, in our group we require you to list a price. PM for negotiations. You may accept lower offers, but nothing higher than the posted price. Do not post a fictitious over inflated price (123,456). And on the same subject, PLEASE DO NOT LOW BALL price offers.
- MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! Don’t step in on a listing to state that you have the item cheaper, that a store has the item cheaper or even that you have the item at all - please create your own ad. Do not complain that someone is pricing their items too high, you have the option to skip that post and go look at something else. Just because you feel it's priced too high does not mean someone else will. Some are willing to pay a higher price. DO NOT LEAVE NEGATIVE PRAISE. that will get you removed from the group.
- BUMPS: You can now bump/post 10 items bi-hourly (every two hours). But please remember that once you have bumped a specific item, you must wait 24 hours before bumping that item again.
- The person who is selling the item has the right to sell to whomever they want to. It is a COURTESY, to sell to the first person to comment and then go down the list. BUT once you have negotiated a deal with someone, you may not move on to someone else who may be offering more money.
- APPOINTMENTS: Please exchange contact information privately with your buyer/seller so that you can let them know if there is a sudden change in events. IF you cannot make an appointment, notify the person ASAP. Gas is expensive, and time is precious!
- The minimum age requirement for membership is 18.
- This is a Brazoria County website. All transactions must take place in Brazoria County and all members must reside in Brazoria County. (Occasionally exceptions will be made depending on circumstances.)
- Once an item has sold mark it "sold". It will auto delete in 7 days. Do not delete the item before then. If an issue arises with the transaction the admins need to be able to see the communications.
- No sales or rehoming of pets are allowed on this site. We also do not allow posts regarding breeding or "stud" requests. This includes lost and found pets. What will be allowed is livestock. Rule of thumb, if it can be shown at the fair, it is considered livestock. That is ducks, chickens, geese, rabbits, goats, pigs, sheep, cows, Guineas, and horses.
Cats, dogs, parrots, cockatiels, birds, spiders, snakes, fish, ferrets are not allowed.
- Obscene or offensive material including but not limited to any and all pornography, offers or solicitation of prostitution, escort services or sexual services of any kind.
- Your membership may be revoked at any time per admin discretion. Examples may be rule breaking, calling other members out on the wall in a complaint, multiple bad complaints, and multiple warnings. An admin does not have to give a reason, it is their choice to do so.
- For those needing help using the Varagesale app here is a video tutorial that will walk you through the process
- No gift cards.
- SHOW UP ON TIME, WITH EXACT CHANGE!!!! It is not the sellers responsibility to have change for you. You know how much you agreed to, so that is what you should show up with!!! Do not expect the seller to discount the item because you do not have enough, or "credit" you because you come with the incorrect amount!!
1B. THESE ARE THE LOCAL COMMUNITY RULES FOR THIS SITE. VARAGESALE HAS A CODE OF CONDUCT AND LIST OF PROHIBITED ITEMS ALSO. IT IS UP TO YOU TO READ ALL VARAGESALE RULES AND ADHERE TO THEM WHETHER LOCAL OR WORLDWIDE. https://help.varagesale.com...
Please understand that the admins do this in our spare time and we are not paid for this position. We started this site and run it for your benefit! Be patient, Be courteous, and PLEASE READ ALL OF THE RULES. Also, we admit members as we have time. We do research new members and it isn't a simple push a button to admit you. Be patient, it may be a few days!
REMINDER! Show up with proper change!!! It is not the sellers responsibility to bring change to the meet up. You (the buyer) is expected to have the exact amount. if not a credit is NOT guaranteed. If the item is 15.00 and you only have 20.00 You pay 20 for the item. End of story! Be prepared!!