Code of Conduct
Welcome! We don’t have many rules but, unfortunately, we do have to have some for the site to run properly!
- ABSOLUTELY NO SELLING OF ANY TYPE OF WEAPON (GUNS, KNIFES, etc...). This is a rule set by VarageSale; therefore, breaking of this rule could result in being banned and/or the entire site being shut down.
- ABSOLUTELY NO SELLING OF ANYTHING STOLEN OR BROKEN!
- Absolutely NO harassing, bashing, bullying or anything of the likes will be tolerated. You WILL be BANNED! This rule is to be observed by all members, admins included. If anyone has a problem with harassment or bullying, please contact an admin immediately so the situation can be resolved as soon as possible.
- The admins may remove anyone that is breaking rules and/or receiving many complaints regarding them. All members are allowed three strikes. These can be accrued by breaking rules or having complaints against you. Members are given one warning after accruing two strikes.
- We operate on a "first come, first serve" basis. The first person to show interest gets the item. You do not need to specifically say interested to express interest. Asking questions is a form of showing interest.
- Pick-up for all items but be local and within Greene, Sullivan or Clay Counties ONLY.
- You must only communicate thru the comments that way people can stay in order. Meeting arrangements may be organized through private messaging, and we strongly encourage this way of arranging meetings.
- As the seller, you MUST give an individual 24 hours from your reply comment before moving on to the next person in line.
- DO NOT sell recalled items. It is unsafe. If any of the admins see something that is being recalled we will ask you one time to remove the item. If it is not removed within 2 days you will be BANNED. There are absolutely no exceptions to this rule. We must ensure the safety of all our members, and we cannot allow unsafe items to be sold.
- If you are selling a car seat, please make sure that the expiration/manufacture date is on the post. If you do not include this information, an admin will request that you include it. From that point, you have 24 hours to post the requested information before the post is removed. All car seats have an expiration date or manufacture date. They are always found on the actual seat, never on the tags. If you cannot find this date, please call the manufacturer and give them the model number and get the expiration date from them.
- Sale of baby cereal, baby food, and formula is prohibited. These items may be purchased by WIC, and it is illegal to sell WIC items. To ensure that our members, as well as our admins, do not get in trouble for sale of such items, sale of these items is absolutely not allowed. You may post these items for free and give them away, but we can not allow the sale of these items.