Code of Conduct
- One post per item/in One category only. Must be of the actual item for sale (NO STOCK PHOTOS, no face or body photos EVER...they will be deleted).
- One Item in photo. Exceptions: a collage w/various images of the item, selling as a LOT (same price for all pieces/same size, etc.)
- Title - Mandatory
- Select ONE Category and sub category. There may be some sub, sub categories. Choose proper Category.
- Description -Indicate PU Location (Moore or Norman). Describe your item(s) to include any defects, size, dimensions, indicate if cross posted, etc. (NO FCFS, Make An Offer, Phone Numbers or Links in posts). OBO's are ok.
- Please indicate if your item will be CROSS POSTED (You are selling on another sites as well as ours). ONLY choose communities that you want to sell to AND for which you are willing to travel to deliver your items.
- Price of Item - Mandatory. Must include price of ALL items in photo as a whole.
- Additional photos are added at the initial post. Do not add additional photos in a new post or in comments. We are now able to add additional photos to the photo collage.
NOTE: SET UP CROSS POSTING In the "sell items in these communities" area (if you want it to be automatic or choose communities at the time of posting). Only choose communities for which you are willing to travel to. The only exception would be if buyer and seller work or live in the same city. For example: If a seller lives in Moore and both buyer and seller works in OKC, the seller can meet buyer in OKC.
- Post only ONCE. Your items will stay in your “My Stuff” area until sold (you'll never loose your items). And if cross posting is on, it will auto post to other communities for you.
- Sell to First person to comment, even if they did not use the Interested button. Assume they are interested and Pm member to make arrangements for pick up. Go in line order, respond to comments in order, until item sold.
- If an item sells, Reserve the item to that buyer (name attached to it) and message Buyer to make PU arrangements. For your safety, Please don't post arrangement info or phone numbers in comments. Their purchases can be found in your My Transactions tab.
- Posts will automatically delete when marked sold. DO NOT DELETE SOLD ITEMS!!! Neither you nor buyer will get credit for the sale on deleted items.
- Always Praise your buyer. They should do the same for you.
- YOU are responsible for keeping your posts updated w/the proper STATUS at all times. It’s either AVAILABLE, RESERVED OR SOLD. Its very disappointing for a buyer to come upon your item just to find it its been already sold.
- Check on your notifications daily. Even if you don't get a notification, you still might want to check....at least once per day.
- PLEASE respond to comments on items as quickly as possible, Reserve Items immediately if member shows Interest and message them to make arrangements for pick up.
- 10 items per hour bumping IF this is your HOME group.
- There is now a scheduler where you can schedule a meetup time w/your buyer. It will send reminders.
- Please read description, size and comments before commenting on a post.
- Choose INTERESTED if you want to BUY.
- Please don't show Interest on an item unless you want to buy, have money to pay and can meet w/seller in a reasonable time frame.
- Contact Seller via message (click on their name) to set up a meeting place/time. Never post arrangements in comments for your Safety.
- Use the term NEXT to be next in line for an item. You can also hit the Interested button as well.
- Cash Only & Exact Change.
- If you cannot make it to a transaction or change your mind, please let seller know ASAP (before PU date/time).
- If you change your mind, please choose "I am no longer interested" button in your messages or on the item itself.
- All items sold are "AS IS", so PLEASE look over the item before you turn over your money.
- Remember to Praise your Seller!
In Search of (ISO's)
Homemade items are things that are MADE BY YOU at home. Not things you've purchased wholesale to resale.
Homemade items are to be sold just like other items on this site, but placed in the Homemade Category. Following the same rules above. It is not a place to bring your business items over to post and sell on our site. This platform is only set up for people who want to make things from home to sell, so they can make a little extra money.
- You may post no more than 20 individual "handmade" items in our Homemade Category.
- NO stock photos. Must be a photo of the exact product that you made and will be actually selling to members.
- You cannot mention you have multiple colors, multiple sizes, different designs, or that you can take custom orders, etc.
- You cannot post any links.
- You cannot mention your business. You can tell members to check your ad in the Small Business Directory.
- If you are selling items at trade shows, a boutique or elsewhere you MUST indicate the item is Cross Posted. That way members know you are selling these items elsewhere as well.
- Remember, this is a buy & sell platform intended for people to sell items they no longer need. In saying that, you need to meet members in Moore or Norman. Never at a location where you have these items displayed. Buyers expect you to meet them in a public location, not a business.
If you want to advertise your HOME MADE BUSINESS...
- it goes in the Small Business Directory.
- One Post, One Link. Link to your facebook page or your web site. No links to other selling platforms i.e. Ebay or Etsy, etc.
SMALL BUSINESS DIRECTORY
- Businesses goes under the Small Business Directory only....Even a Homemade Business
- One Post, One Link.
- This is for Photographers, Mechanics, Salon's, Party Inflatables, Lawn Care, etc.
- If you sell Scentsy or something similar, please check to be sure you are not breaking their rules by posting to this site.
- If you plan to sell food items, please check the state laws regarding making those for human consumption.
http://help.varagesale.com/article/371-what-items-are-not-allowed * -- In addition to the items covered in the article, anything not deemed family-friendly by Admin, or anything related to the ‘adult’ industry. Admin discretion is always in effect.
- PLEASE NOTE: Each VarageSale group may have different rules, certain categories turned off, etc.
- No links or promotion of similar platforms such as eBay, Craigslist, Facebook groups, etc.
- No paintball guns, pepper spray, knives, tasers, Current government, transit & shipping related uniforms or materials.
- No Mattresses (Baby mattresses are ok as they are plastic)
- No Animals
- Selling baby food or formula obtained through WIC is illegal, as is selling any items obtained with Food Stamps, etc.
*No selling of vaping supplies.
Counterfeit Items (Fakes, Replica's, Knockoff's).
If your item is not AUTHENTIC you CANNOT use a TRADEMARKED name in your post. It cannot be a replica or knockoff w/a Trademarked name associated with it. Even if your item is not a trademarked name, but looks like a replica/knockoff to give the impression it is part of a trademarked entity, it is still illegal and not allowed on ANY platform ever. If your item is AUTHENTIC, please provide a serial # in your post. Please also state where you purchased the item originally and if you can provide a receipt, please indicate that in your post. This group is part of a buy & sell platform and they as well as we don't allow counterfeit items on our site. Moore/Norman Resale Community, nor its Admins will not be and cannot be held responsible for any items posted to the group that is not authentic. It is each individual persons responsibility to know what they are posting and if they don't know, then don't post it. Our site is way to big to be able to keep up w/what everyone is posting and its not our responsibility to ensure that your item is authentic. The person who posted such item is the only person legally responsible, not our Admins or Moderators. We will NOT be legally held responsible. In saying that, if we happen to come upon your post and see something that says "replica" or see a trademarked name in a post where there is no serial # (or its reported to us), the post WILL be deleted as we know you didn't follow the guidelines. Keep in mind that there are many law enforcement members on our site and YOU are the only one responsible for what you post.
Admin Tip Links:
Choose Right Category
Interested (want to buy)
Reserve items to Buyers (hold item for buyer)
My Transactions (Items being purchased w/total of all items listed)
Status of post (Available, Reserved, Sold?)
Bump (Bump 10 items every hour)
Cross Posting (posting to neighboring groups)
Follow favorite Sellers
Managing Items (Marking items Sold)