Created by a mom and thriving all over North America and around the world, VarageSale helps families find incredible local deals and earn extra spending money selling their stuff. Each community is managed by a team of admins who are devoted to fostering a friendly and welcoming environment. Code of Conduct
If you forgot your password, enter your email address below. We will send you an email containing a link to reset your password.
You will receive an email with instructions about how to reset your password in a few minutes.
Please try again later
WELCOME to the Moose Jaw VarageSale group - the way online sales should be!
(We were formerly called, "Moose Jaw Garage Sale" on Facebook.)
BEFORE you start posting in this group, please watch this brief, instructional video:
Also, please familiarize yourself with the important content provided in the ADMIN TIPS Category. There is lots of helpful information there that you need to know and follow:
Out of Town Sellers
To help maintain a community feel for our page please ONLY cross-post your items to the communities that you're willing to travel to, within a reasonable time frame, to complete the sale. Otherwise, you need to change your settings. Sometimes people will be willing to pick up out of town, but as this is a Moose Jaw page it can not be expected. Here's the link that shows you how to edit your preferences/settings: http://help.varagesale.com/
(1) NO Drama or cursing. Show courtesy & respect to all Members, Moderators, & Admins.
Negative comments about a person, items, or a business will be deleted and can result in the member being removed from the site
(2) All posts/pics content MUST be legal. Items that are banned in Canada for sale or resale are not allowed. No firearms, weapons, ammo, alcohol, drugs, car seats, booster seats, Ivory products (tusks, piano keys, etc), burnt CDs/DVDs/modified game systems/jail broken TV boxes, broken items. Click the link below to see all items not allowed: https://www.varagesale.com/...
(3) Represent and describe your items honestly and accurately in your photo description area and allow a buyer to fully inspect them before a purchase. Please use an actual picture of the item not an internet/stock photo.
(4) Event, Sport and Concert tickets must show the price on the ticket itself in the photo you take. Please put prices and seats. No internet photos.
(5) Do not make multiple posts in different categories for the same item. Please choose the most appropriate category for your ad to be in and post it there. If you have additional pictures of the item, please post them in the comments of the original ad. You are also able to edit your ad for price changes and such.
(6) If you agree to a sale, you cannot take a higher offer after the fact, nor can you ask for more money after a sale has completed.
(7) PICK-UPS & PROMPTNESS: If you cannot make a pick-up, notify the person IN ADVANCE -- gas is expensive and time is precious! They have the right to move on to the next interested buyer if you are a No-Show.
(8) Any questions asked on an item, or the word "interested" expresses interest in an item. These inquiries are to be treated as a potential sale. Please comment on the post, DO NOT private message seller that you are interested. If someone passes on an item and changes their mind they now go to the bottom of the list - If your items are posted on other sites, please disclose this in the post so people are not upset if the item is pending or sold and it's not to them. You do not have to write where just say "posted on other sites". Item can NOT be up for auction while on this site
(9) Samples are not allowed to be sold on site.
(10) NO HOLDS on Ads- You still have to go in order, the first person interested should message the seller as soon as they say please and arrange for pick up within the sellers time frame (if they cannot make it within the sellers time frame they should comment "pass" on the original post so others know it is their turn). This DOES NOT ALLOW for first come first served.
(11) Items that are at a garage sale cannot be posted on site. Please wait until after your garage sale is over to add the items. You can post one picture advertising your garage sale in the Community Happens category under garage sale. Please make sure to ADD the address, times & dates in the description: https://www.varagesale.com/...
(12) There will be a "BUMP" button that will appear on your posts when they are eligible to be bumped again.
(13) No sexualized items, as in personal items and items used for pleasure on ones self or others.
(14) We are just trying a little something different now. Sometimes you see ads where people have commented on them, so a potential buyer will see this and may think it's sold with all the comments on it (even though it's not marked as sold or deleted).
Sometimes people sell things on other sites and forget about deleting it here, or some ads may be several months old and a person may have forgotten about them (or a potential buyer may think so). There are some ads on here that are YEARS old!
Many reasons - so writing "still available" or "still looking" once in a while in the comments let's a buyer (and admins) know you are active and the item really isn't sold yet - not just bumping. We're hoping to start seeing this every few months.
(15) In regards to free delivery to MJ members from out of town sellers, please make sure that when you post an item for sale on MJVS, it is MJ friendly. It does not need to state a location, as it has no influence (ie. item is located on Halifax Street). Please note that when you post items, only post them in the areas in which you are willing to deliver. If all communities are clicked when you post, it WILL post there. Be sure to check your preferences under settings prior to posting to avoid any issues.
(16) Our REAL ESTATE category is for locations in Moose Jaw only. (Apartments, houses, camps, condos, etc.)
(17) GIFT CARDS should have an actual photo of the gift card and proof of balance, such as a receipt. The buyer has a right to verify this information prior to purchase.
(18). Please display a profile photo of YOURSELF (forward facing and clear to view). It promotes a safer site. People want to know who they are dealing with.
(19) Please use your real name. Not a "fake name" (ie Ruby Redslippers). Again, people want to know who they are dealing with. If there is an issue with this, or displaying a profile photo, please message an Admin and we will discuss this on a case by case basis.
We're hoping to keep the platform as up to date as possible to make things clearer with all of our members.
If you relocate, please be sure to update your profile!
***SMALL BUSINESSES have their own category that allows their ad & links to their Page or Website only. There are specific parameters for this category: https://www.varagesale.com/...
***HANDMADE ITEMS have their own category. NO links to pages/websites in this category, but you may also place your ad in the Small Business category (see above) IF you are a Moose Jaw & surrounding area resident. https://www.varagesale.com/...
Click the HELP button at the bottom right of any VS page for any questions, clarifications, tech support, etc.
*ADMINS WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR MISREPRESENTATION OR PERSONAL DRAMA. WE DO NOT GET INVOLVED IN PERSONAL SALES We do, however, appreciate being notified of a bad seller, with proof of screen shots, as that will be noted on their file in order to enforce our 3 strike policy.