Code of Conduct
- Let's create a positive local community spirit! Please be courteous and nice with one another.
- Transactions are between the buyer and seller only. Admins do not get involved in member transactions and cannot dictate to a member who they should sell to or buy from. Inspect items before you pay and take home.
- Please do not post items that are prohibited on VarageSale, including but not limited to pets and livestock, recalled items, counterfeit/replica items, regulated items (weapons, alcohol, tobacco) and gambling-related items. You can see the full list of prohibited items here: http://help.varagesale.com/article/371-what-items-are-not-allowed
- Small businesses are limited to one ad posted in the Small Business Directory. Any small business posts found outside of this category (including direct sales such as Tupperware, Scentsy, etc.) will be removed.
- When posting a car seat, you must include a photo of the manufacture and/or expiration date for safety reasons (this can usually be found on a sticker under the seat). They must be CSA approved. Car seats that have been in an accident or are 2011 or older are illegal for resale.
- Please include general pickup area information (ie. Lynn Valley) in your post description and state the condition of your item (EUC, VGUC, GUC). No OBO's or FCFS. Do not include personal information publicly (ie. address or phone number) on your post.
- Comment "interested" on items you want to buy. Comments that are questions about the item imply interest and should be considered as such. Tagging a person does not give them a place in line. Sellers must sell in the order of interest on the post. Buyers are expected to arrange pickup details with the seller within 3-6 hours of commenting after which time the buyer can move to the next person in line.
Have fun and happy shopping!