Code of Conduct
BEFORE you start posting in this group, please watch these brief, instructional video Watch "VarageSale App Demo" on YouTube
Also, please familiarize yourself with the important content provided in the ADMIN TIPS Category. There is lots of helpful information there that you need to know and follow
Please understand that to keep things running well & fairly, there must be rules and structure. Any violation may result in photo deletions without notice. We work on the strike system (two strikes= two week suspension, any after that is a permanent revoking of membership) but in serious offenses, we reserve the right to issue a suspension or permanent removal from our community. By joining this group, you are agreeing to abide by the rules and the information provided under the Admin Tips category.
- NO Drama or cursing. Show courtesy & respect to all Members, Moderators, & Admins. Any harassment will be grounds for immediate and permanent removal.
- All posts/pics content MUST be legal, items that are not banned in Canada for sale or resale. Please see Prohibited Items graphic under Admin Tips.
- a) Describe your item(s) accurately with ACTUAL picture and price. All stock photos used to post with will be removed without warning. Allow Buyers to inspect items before purchase.
b) One (1) post per item. Pick the category that best fits
c) High end brand name items must show picture of proof of authenticity.
d) DO NOT delete and repost items.
- If you agree to a sale, you cannot take a higher offer after the fact. Don't change (increase) the price of an item after interest has been shown. Bidding (or encouraging bidding) at a higher price is forbidden.
- PICK-UPS: BE PROMPT. If you cannot make a pick-up, notify the person IN ADVANCE. Sellers have the right to move onto the next interested buyer if you are a No-Show. Please report no shows by private message to one of the admins.
- a) Any questions asked or comment on an item, or using the interested button, expresses interest in an item. DO NOT private message as interest. A comment MUST be on the post to put yourself in line. Tagging someone DOES NOT put that person in line! They must PLS for the item themselves. Please allow potential buyers 6 hours from first comment, before moving on to the next interested buyer, Unless ad is marked as "no holds". In this case, refer to rule #7
b) If someone asks if you would accept a lower price and you refuse, you still need to give them the option of paying asking price before moving on. If you are not willing to hold an item for any length of time you must give buyers an option to pick up within your time frame before moving on.
c) If someone passes on an item and the seller goes to the next buyer in line, and then the person that passed changes their mind, they now go to the bottom of the list
d) If your items are posted on other sites, please disclose that info in the post
- NO HOLDS on Ads: "No holds" must be stated in the ad at TIME OF POSTING, not after. "NO HOLDS" means that sellers can set their own time frame of when they move on to the next person if no contact is made. The seller does NOT have to wait 6 hours. Sellers still have to go in order of interest. This DOES NOT ALLOW for "first come first served".
- Anything stating NOT FOR RESALE can not be sold on site.
- Anyone caught buying or selling for someone who has been previously revoked or on suspension from our site will be immediately removed without further notice.
- Please do not post items for other people unless the item is at your house and the buyer will be dealing with you.
- SMALL BUSINESSES, HOMEMADE and REAL ESTATE categories have their own rules please see the posts in Admin Tips for the rules.
Click the HELP button in the bottom right for any questions, clarifications, tech support, etc.