Created by a mom and thriving all over North America and around the world, VarageSale helps families find incredible local deals and earn extra spending money selling their stuff. Each community is managed by a team of admins who are devoted to fostering a friendly and welcoming environment. Code of Conduct
If you forgot your password, enter your email address below. We will send you an email containing a link to reset your password.
You will receive an email with instructions about how to reset your password in a few minutes.
Please try again later
Welcome to SBCB – San Benito County Bargains!
We want this to be easy and fun for everyone. We have some basic guidelines...if everyone follows should make this an enjoyable experience for all!
• Everyone is here participating in this group voluntarily and must accept full liability for their own actions. The group admins cannot be responsible for transactions or conflict resolution.
• The seller and buyer are responsible for determining where they will meet. We cannot endorse or approve or authorize any particular location.
• Please consider your safety before posting personal information like phone numbers, addresses, etc. on the board…try and send that information only in a PM (private message).
• Please be courteous to each other…no bullying or rudeness either on the board or in private messages. Please do not make any negative or insulting comments about someone else’s item. No swearing.
• Please be considerate of each others time. When you make arrangements to meet at a certain time and place…honor your word and be there…or be courteous and contact the other party to reschedule. This is a small town and word will get around if you flake too many times. wink
• Please remember it is “Buyer Beware” when purchasing. You and only you are responsible for performing your own due diligence before agreeing to commit to a purchase. Always check the item to be sure it works, all the required parts are there, purses are authentic brands, the item hasn't been recalled (especially with baby/children's products) etc… All items should be sold "as is" and all sales should be considered FINAL.
• Please do not post items on behalf of friends or family…asking people to contact someone else for more information. Please only post items that you are in possession of yourself.
• You must be 18 years or older to be a part of SBCB.
• We understand that people start different groups and that's great...however because there are now SO MANY for sale groups now...please advertise it on your own personal Facebook wall so SBCB doesn't get cluttered.
ITEMS FOR SALE
Items that can NOT can't be listed on SBCB:
• anything illegal
• weapons including firearms and knives (paintball is allowed)
• baby formula of any type (or any types of products issued by WIC)
• cribs with drop down sides
• dogs and cats
You may post an animal for FREE that needs a new home (your post must specifically say "free to good home)...but not for sale (including "rehoming fees"). Free kittens and puppies must be 8 weeks old. There are too many animals in our local shelters that are in need of good homes. Low cost spay and neutering is available here in Hollister. smiley
• You must include ALL important information i.e. details and asking price in your original post…include size, color, price, condition, etc on EACH picture...not just your grouping of pictures.. You MUST also disclose whether or not an item is "inspired by" (fake)...if it's not the authentic brand. If you got it as a gift and you're "not sure"...then you must say that the item might be fake. If you are not located in San Benito County, you MUST disclose that when you post your item. You MUST post a picture of the actual item...no stock photos from the internet.
• Tickets...i.e. for amusement parks or events (Gilroy Gardens, Great America, etc.) must be sold at face value or LESS. Photos of the tickets must be posted. Reports of tickets being sold above face value will be cause for removal from the group.
• Negotiations on price must be done through PM (private message) not on the board. This group is not a public auction forum so if you are open to more or less than your asking price please put OBO (or best offer) in your post otherwise people will expect you to honor your original price.
• Please remember that the item is not yours until the seller says it is. You may have been the first to PM or comment that you want the item, but you also don’t know if the seller has posted the item somewhere else for sale or received a private message (PM) about the item.
• You may “Bump” your items/posts more than once every 12 hours. A “bump” button will appear on your listing when it is time for you to bump. Please be courteous to fellow group members by limiting how many items you post at one time. ..we would ask no more than 5 items per hour to be fair to everyone and allow everyone’s items a chance to be seen.
• NO DUPLICATE PHOTOS!!! Do NOT post the same item to more than one category.
LEGALESE and FINE PRINT
• Please remember that buying and selling on SBCB is the same as buying and selling at a garage sale or Craigslist. The admins of the group cannot be responsible or help with conflict resolution or mediation. Everyone is an adult on this list and needs to be responsible for their own transactions. Please resolve any conflicts the same way you would resolve a conflict with something you bought or sold at a garage sale or Craigslist…privately. All items should be sold "as is" and all sales should be considered FINAL.
• Please feel free to ask questions of the group if you need help. Most people are more than willing to share what they’ve already learned and that way we all can do better!
• Above all...don’t sweat the small stuff and have fun!!! smiley