Created by a mom and thriving all over North America and around the world, VarageSale helps families find incredible local deals and earn extra spending money selling their stuff. Each community is managed by a team of admins who are devoted to fostering a friendly and welcoming environment. Code of Conduct
If you forgot your password, enter your email address below. We will send you an email containing a link to reset your password.
You will receive an email with instructions about how to reset your password in a few minutes.
Please try again later
• Welcome to the South Delta Swap & Shop, this group was established to provide a convenient and fun place for local residents to buy and sell their used items. This group is managed by a group of volunteer administrators who reserve the right to add or remove members at their discretion. Absolutely no foul language, cyber bullying or disrespectful behaviour towards anyone will be tolerated.
Any form of disrespectful behavior towards admins will result in immediate removal without delay
Please message all concerns to the "South Delta" admin account and not to individual admins. This provides you with the quickest response time as not all admins are online all the time!
Please abide by the following rules:
• Buying and reselling swap items for a profit (any price higher than what you paid for it) is not permitted.
Prices may NOT be raised once posted (example a bike is posted for $60 and then increased to $75).
• All sales must take place in Ladner/Tsawwassen. If you do not live in South Delta, you must arrange all pickups and drop offs in ** Ladner and Tsawwassen** only. Do not ask members to meet you outside of South Delta.
• Your location on VarageSale must be your current hometown. For locals, this will be either Ladner or Tsawwassen (Don't use Delta!). For out of town sellers, please include your South Delta pickup or drop off location in your description on each post!
• One post per item please. Additional photos can be posted using a photo collage AP or posted under comments.
• Please update your post with available, reserved, or sold. (All posts set to sold are automatically deleted by VarageSale after 7 days).
• Please honour the agreements you make as a buyer or seller. DO NOT agree to look at an item and then back out after a seller has held onto it for you. Buyers have the right to refuse at the door if an item is misrepresented or not quite as expected.
• We operate on a three strikes, you're out rule: a warning will be issued for verified complaints. Admins have the right to immediately remove you (no strike) for unacceptable behaviour.
• People may be tagged (by a seller or a buyer) and they get 'dibs' on an item for the first 24hrs after it is posted. Every subsequent comment gets 24 hours as well. If you would like a quick sale on your item, please indicate that in your post as well as NO TAGGING, which would just allow the first person that comments to buy the item. (Tagging would then be an FYI)
• Items must be sold to the first person that comments/clicks interested or is tagged on the post (cars and houses exempt).
Free items can be sold first come first served if that is indicated in the post.
Once you've scheduled a pick up time, honour it.
In order to secure your place in line for an item, you MUST comment on the post directly. You may communicate with a seller/buyer via personal message but that does not put you in line for the item and any comments made on the post will take priority over your personal messages. We recommend you comment first on the post and then send a message.
Any comment or question puts you in line: "interested","yes", "2nds", "next", etc and if the original sale falls through, the seller will move onto the next person in line in order down the list. Sellers may NOT skip a member's name while going down the list.
As common courtesy for items with long wait lists, please try and give updates so people know where you are on the list and whether the sale is pending, etc.
Do NOT delete any comments in reference to selling order on posts as this can lead to confusion and delay sales.
• If your item is posted on other swap sites, you must note "Cross Posted" in your description.
• All posts require a set price (unless they're ISO), we do not allow "make me an offer" posts as this is not a bidding site.
• All comments regarding an item's price and lower offers are to be done via private message and not in the comments section of the post.
****We do not allow pet sales (with the exception of fish), car seats older than Jan 1, 2012, used makeup, alcohol/drugs or weapons.
HAPPY buying and selling!!