Code of Conduct
Here are our community rules:
- Let’s create a positive local community spirit! Please be courteous and nice with one another.
- Transactions are between the buyer and seller only. Admins do not get involved in member transactions and cannot dictate to a member who they should sell to or buy from.
- Please do not post items that are prohibited on VarageSale, including but not limited to counterfeit/replica items, regulated items (weapons, alcohol, tobacco), gambling-related items and home-made goods. You can see the full list of prohibited items here: http://help.varagesale.com/article/371-what-items-are-not-allowed
- Small businesses are limited to one ad posted in the Small Business Directory. Any small business posts found outside of this category (including direct sales such as Tupperware, Scentsy, etc.) will be removed.
- No Duplicates.
- When posting a car seat, you must include the manufacture and/or expiration date in the item description for safety reasons (this can usually be found on a sticker under the seat). Car seats that have been in an accident are illegal for resale.
- Household pets are not permitted. This includes but is not limited to dogs, cats, rabbits, ferrets; rodents such as gerbils and hamsters; avian pets, such as canaries, and parrots; reptile pets, such as turtles, lizards and snakes; aquatic pets, such as goldfish and frogs; and arthropod pets, such as tarantulas and hermit crabs.
- We have a 3 strikes policy on this group. Members that are reported for no-shows or not following guidelines 3 times, will be removed from the group.
- A strike will be given to the seller if they choose to sell out from underneath a buyer. This means an agreed upon arrangement has been put in place between both parties. If the buyer decides to sell to someone else before the original buyer gets there, the seller will be given a strike, just as a buyer will be given a strike as a "no-show" if they don't show at the agreed upon time