Code of Conduct
Although we don't have a ton of rules, it is necessary to have guidelines to ensure that our site runs smoothly. If you use the site you are agreeing to the rules and term listed.
- No sales of weapons, pets, sample formula,breast milk, recalled items or non -authentic handbags.
- Clearly indicate any flaws or damage to items you are selling-buyers inspect all items at meets before purchasing-no one is required to purchase items that do not meet their expectations.
- No First Come First Serve, or Best Offer allowed-interested parties will express their interest with a comment or question and sellers will go down the line in order. Interest must be shown on the board before pm'ing or it does not count. Offering to pay more for first dibs is NOT allowed.
- Buyers need to contact sellers within 24 hours to set up a meet-sellers may move on to the next person in line if the buyer has not contacted them within 24 hours to set up a meet-sellers are not required to hold items for extended periods of time.
- Sellers be sure to have your settings so that you receive a notification if someone comments-you will NOT get a notification through facebook-you can have it set to send you an email and or get the notification when you log into VS-if you list on VS then you are responsible for communicating with people who are interested in your items
- Please note if your item is cross-posted on other sites Items. If there are more than two incidences of an item being sold out from under a member, because it was sold on another site, without being marked as "cross posted" member will be removed from the group. Inventory that is actively being sold in shops or stores may not be posted on VS. This creates a problem when it is purchased in the store while there is an interested buyer and also becomes first come first serve.
- If you set up a meet and do not show up, you will receive one warning. The next time you will be removed from the group. If you need to reschedule, you must give enough time so that the seller does not get the cancellation while at the meeting place-sellers report no shows to an admin so it can be handled accordingly. Cancelling or rescheduling less than an hour before a meet counts as a no show. It is a good idea to exchange phone numbers and description of vehicles-also remember not everyone has the ability to check messages on their phones
- No Stock photos unless listing an ISO (in search of) Take a photo of the item you are actually selling.
- One item per photo-if you have multiple items shown in a photo, they must be sold as a lot. It takes seconds to post an item so there is no excuse for posting several items in one photo.
- Any negative experiences can be reported to an admin. We will make a note under the persons profile, that only admins can see. If we see a pattern of negative behavior we will contact the person and give them an opportunity to change the behaviors. If they do not comply they will have to leave the group.
- Bumping-our bump time is 5 photos per hour then the same photos 24 hours later. Bumping is quick and takes seconds-there will be a blue arrow located beside your pictures click on it to bump your photos. The system is set to only allow you to bump when it is time so if you don't see an arrow then it is not time for you to bump.
- Do not comment on someones photo if you are not interested in it-such as do not make reference to their asking price in a negative way. Everyone has the right to price their items as they choose as we do not know how much they paid for the item when they purchased it, even if we have seen it cheaper elsewhere. The only rule we have about asking price is, if you purchase an item from another member on this site and you are reselling it that you sell it for what you paid for it or less.
- Be sure to update the status on items you sell. When you post it, it will have a green banner on the corner that says available. If you have an interested party then you change it to yellow/sale pending. Once it sells change it to red/sold. Updating the status keeps buyers informed on the availability of items. Once the status is red/sold your item will automatically delete within 7 days-please do not delete your listing when it sells-allow the system to do it.
- Admins are not responsible for any negative transactions that happen outside of this page.
- Regarding tagging, if the seller tags another member before any other person has expressed interest-then the tagged person gets first dibs even if another member comments after the tag but before the tagged member responds. Tagging done by someone other than the seller does not reserve the tagged persons place in line.
- Our group is woman based, that means men may not be members our our group. If one gets added by mistake their membership will be revoked.