Created by a mom and thriving all over North America and around the world, VarageSale helps families find incredible local deals and earn extra spending money selling their stuff. Each community is managed by a team of admins who are devoted to fostering a friendly and welcoming environment. Code of Conduct
If you forgot your password, enter your email address below. We will send you an email containing a link to reset your password.
You will receive an email with instructions about how to reset your password in a few minutes.
Please try again later
Code of Conduct
• ONE photo only (no stock photos, must be photo of actual item)
o One Item in photo. Exceptions: a collage w/various images of the one item, selling as a LOT (same price for all pieces/same size, etc.)
o Visually clear: Clean item free of clutter with a non-blurry photo
• Select PROPER Category
• Title (helps items be found in search) PLEASE include this!
• Description -Indicate PU Location (Tulsa County, BA, etc.). Describe your item(s) to include any defects, size, and dimensions, indicate if cross posted, etc. (NO FCFS, Make An Offer, Phone Numbers or Links in posts). -Again, please indicate if your item will be CROSS POSTED (You are selling on another sites as well as ours)
• Price of Item – MANDATORY
• Flip your photo – do not leave it upside down!
See ADMIN TIPS in the Categories tab for more info regarding our guidelines and to learn about other features that are available here. YOU are responsible for knowing what you can and cannot do, so PLEASE read or you will be subject to being revoked from our group.
• Please read & follow the posted rules.
• MUST deliver in Tulsa County, NO EXCEPTIONS (don’t post if you can’t meet our members in Tulsa County area or where seller has requested.)
• Cross Posting goes in Description area.
• Additional photos (of that same item, but a different view) may be put in comments
• YOU are responsible for keeping your posts updated w/the proper STATUS. It’s either AVAILABLE, PENDING OR SOLD.
• Post only ONCE. Your items will stay in your “My Stuff” area until sold (you'll never lose your items).
• 24 hour bumping on each item
• Posts will AUTOMATICALLY delete when marked sold. DO NOT DELETE SOLD ITEMS!!!
• Sell to First person to comment. Assume they are interested. Go in line order, respond to comments in order, until item sold.
• If an item sells, please message Buyer to make PU arrangements. For your safety, Please don’t post arrangement info in comments.
• Sellers will get a reminder if step outside of Guidelines.
• Please read description, size and comments before commenting on a post.
• Use terms: Interested, Want and Next when want to buy the item. We always go in line order, first to comment.
• Please don’t comment on an item unless you are interested, have money to pay and can meet w/seller in a reasonable time frame.
• Contact Seller via message (click on their name) to set up a meeting place/time. (Never post arrangements in comments for Safety).
• Use the term NEXT to be next in line for an item.
• Cash Only & Exact Change
• If you cannot make it to a transaction or change your mind, please let seller know ASAP (before PU date/time).
• All items sold are "AS IS", so PLEASE look over the item before you turn over your money.
• Please be kind to one another.
• Please exchange cell #'s in a message (PM) BEFORE you leave to meet up w/someone.
• Please be on time for Delivery/PU.
• Please report unrelated items, prohibited items, Animals, Scams, etc. to an Admin by tagging them.
• Place an ISO, just like you'd place a sale item, just mark the box at the bottom that you are looking for the item, so it will be tagged properly.
• Please use a stock photo of the item you are looking for so the ISO will stand out.
Home Made Items
Homemade items are things that are MADE BY YOU at home. Not things you've purchased wholesale to resale.
Homemade items are to be sold just like other items. Following the same rules above. It is not a place to bring your business items over to post and sell on our site. It set up for people who want to make things from home to sell, so they can make a little extra money.
• You cannot mention you have multiple colors available, multiple sizes, different designs, etc.
• *** If you want to post your Home Made BUSINESS, it goes in the Small Business Directory.
• One Post, One Link.
• If you have a Homemade BUSINESS...You can post no more than 3 individual items in our Homemade Category (if in fact it’s Homemade), but NO LINKS.
• You can state in those 3 posts that members can visit you in the Small Business Directory. Ex: Please see my ad in the Small Business Directory.
GARAGE SALE/ESTATE SALE
• Place in the Community Happenings category.
• Use the appropriate Graphic found under this category as your main photo. (do not post any photos of your sale)
• Title Should say: Garage Sale or Estate Sale
• Put your address/directions in the description area. You can also put a list of items you are selling, i.e. baby stuff, furniture, clothes, toys, etc.
• Do not respond to comments on post (if any). You would be answering Q's all day/night if you did, when you should be focusing on the garage sale.
SMALL BUSINESS DIRECTORY
• Businesses goes under the Small Business Directory only....Even a Homemade Business
• One Post, One Link.
• This is for Photographers, Mechanics, Salon's, Party Inflatables, Lawn Care, etc. NO Recruiting
WHAT ITEMS ARE PROHIBITED?
• PLEASE READ:http://help.varagesale.com/article/371-what-items-are-not-allowed * -- In addition to the items covered in the article, anything not deemed family-friendly by Admin, or anything related to the ‘adult’ industry. Admin discretion is always in effect
• PLEASE NOTE: Each VarageSale group may have different rules, categories, etc.
• No links or promotion of similar platforms such as eBay, Craigslist, Facebook groups, etc.
• No paintball guns, pepper spray, knives, Tasers, Current government, transit & shipping related uniforms or materials
• Selling baby food or formula obtained through WIC is not only not allowed, but is illegal, as is selling any items obtained with Food Stamps, etc.
CP or PIOG (CROSS POSTED- POSTED IN OTHER GROUP): Seller has posted item on another garage sale site as well.
OBO (OR BEST OFFER): Seller is open to negotiations, if original offer is not met.
NEXT: Member wants to be Next in line for item.
PASS: Member has decided not to purchase the item.
WANT: Member intends to buy item (still must go in line order)
INTERESTED: Needs additional info about item (still line order)
SA: Still Available
AVAILABLE: Item is available for sale
PENDING: Item is pending a buyer to pu item
SOLD: Item has been purchased from seller/no longer in possession of item
Counterfeit Items (Fakes, Replica's, Knockoff's).
If your item is not AUTHENTIC you CANNOT use a TRADEMARKED name in your post. It cannot be a replica or knockoff w/a Trademarked name associated with it. If your item is AUTHENTIC, please provide a serial # in your post. Please also state where you purchased the item originally and if you can provide a receipt, please indicate that in your post. This group is part of a buy & sell platform and they as well as we don’t allow counterfeit items on our site. Tulsa County Garage Sale will not be and cannot be held responsible for any items posted to the group that is not authentic. It is each individual persons responsibility to know what they are posting and if they don’t know, then don’t post it. Our site is way too big to be able to keep up w/what everyone is posting and it’s not our responsibility to ensure that your item is authentic. The person who posted such item is the only person legally responsible, not our Admins or Moderators. We will NOT be legally held responsible. In saying that, if we happen to come upon your post and see something that says "replica" or see a trademarked name in a post where there is no serial # (or its reported to us), the post WILL be deleted as we know you didn’t follow the guidelines. Keep in mind that there are many law enforcement members on our site and YOU are the only one responsible for what you post