Item may be too far from your current location
This is an Antique Secretary Desk with tons of hidden drawers and secret compartments. 18 drawers in all.
I actually discovered 2 more hidden compartments the other day when I was photographing this desk - compartments I had never found even after having the desk over 7 years!!
This is the perfect writing desk, or just a place to open mail and hide your secrets. The finish on it is beautiful and the details are unlike anything I’ve ever seen.
It’s likely over 300 years old, and in excellent condition. It was appraised as having a value of approx $2000 if sold at auction.
Unfortunately I have some bills that require immediate action, so I need to sell this quickly, and auctions take time. Accordingly, I have priced this to sell. For more detailed information, see the breakdown below.
* Likely 300 years old
* In excellent condition
* Features 18 drawers
* Has 5 HIDDEN compartments
* The style is called a Secretary desk (also sometimes called a bankers desk)
* Hand-made and one of a kind.
* Features intricate carvings
* Tongue and groove joints
* Original finishing nails
* Beautiful cherry red finish
* Claw feet and carved legs
* Very sturdy construction, will last many life times.
* Length: 39” | Depth: 24” | Height: 42”
* Top hutch separates from base, so it can be transported in a car.
* Appraised as being mid to late 1700s, probable that it is French in origin
* Appraisal of value was $1700-$2000 if sold at auction.
* Comparable antique desks over $1000
* Claw foot and carved patterned legs look like an eagles talon and leg.
* Removable top hutch
* Appraised as good to excellent condition
* This desk has not been modified. It is still held together with all the original groove joints and original finishing nails. Only one repair was ever attempted on it, and it was to the trim on the side (see photo). Other than that exposed nail, there is no major damage and that nail is the only non original component of the desk. Please note that this desk is over 300 years old. Some scuffs and scratches have accumulated over time but they are minor and could be buffed out.
* No major damage, just a few scuffs in the wood stain which could be buffed out easily. One exposed finishing nail on right side upper trim.
* I have already had a lot of interest in this piece over the years and anticipate a lot of interested parties, so please bring your best offer. I am asking $300 but feel free to offer less, I am flexible. Also feel free to offer more, to ensure the desk goes to you before it goes to someone else.
Available in the following communities
Tyler/Longview, TX Buy and Sell
If you forgot your password, enter your email address below. We will send you an email containing a link to reset your password.
You will receive an email with instructions about how to reset your password in a few minutes.
Please try again later